Less is more when it comes to minimalist interior design, that goes for the minimalist home office too.
Clutter-free, pared back workspaces containing only the essentials, foster not only clarity of space but clarity of mind. Read-on for 5 simple minimalist home office workspace productivity boosting tips that you can implement today.
Affiliate disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on one of these links and proceed to make a purchase, we may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Thank you for supporting this blog.
1. Layout and Design for Maximum Productivity
Minimalism is all about physical space and mental space. A clear mind = greater focus and ultimately, increased productivity.
Therefore, don’t try to cram too much into your workspace (that goes for color too). Keep clutter and ‘visual noise’ to a minimum.
Consider desk placement in relation to light and power sources.
Be creative and thoughtful with design and make the most of the space you have without over-doing it with ‘things’ and ‘stuff’.
2. Let there be light! - Minimalist Home Office Lighting Selection
Incorporate multiple sources of light into your workspace where possible – both natural and artificial.
Natural light (and a window view) can do wonders for your mood, energy levels and health.
Whilst artificial and task specific lighting mean less eyestrain and fatigue and subsequently, you guessed it, increased productivity.
Minimal Home Office Desk Lamps & Task Lighting Options
3. Go for an Ergonomic Desk Chair in your Minimalist Home Office
Don’t skimp when it comes to choosing a desk chair.
Adjustable desk chairs with good lower and middle back support are essential for good posture.
If you opt for a lesser quality chair, you’re at a greater risk for developing back problems and posture related ailments, like headaches, fatigue, back and neck pain – all of which can negatively impact your productivity levels.
Minimal Home Office Ergonomic Desk Chairs
4. Select simple yet practical Minimal Home Office Storage and Organization solutions
Reduce clutter and employ strategic storage options, including ideas storage.
Whether it be physical or digital storage, be mindful of the files and ‘things’ that you keep and be sure to organize them in a way that promotes swift and easy retrieval.
Similarly, store non-essentials and keep only what you need at hand.
Minimal Home Office Storage Ideas
5. Incorporate Nature and Minimalist Inspirational Decor
Finally, personalize your space with a selection of carefully curated motivational and inspirational pieces (but don’t go overboard!).
This could be some motivational or meaningful wall art, a photo of your beloved fur-baby, a plant, favorite scent or perhaps an inspirational quote.
Anything that will help to energize you, focus your mind and keep the positive (and productive) vibes flowing!
Did you enjoy this post about minimalist home office design? If so, why not check out some of the articles that inspired it?
- Small Space Home Office Tips – Homes to Love
- Creating your ultimate admin workspace – Staples
- Design 101: The 5 rules of a Productive Home Office – Homes to Love
- How to set up the perfect workspace at home – Homes to Love
- 8 Ways Minimalism Can Increase Your Productivity – Thrive Global
- 17 ways to hack your workspace for optimal productivity – Business Insider Australia
- 5 Tips for becoming an office minimalist to organize your small business – Staples
- How Offices Are Innovating To Improve Our Happiness, Productivity And Well Being – Forbes
- A Workplace That Works: How to Create a Workspace That Improves Productivity – Business News Daily