On a walk, your dog scarfs down something before you can stop it. Not long afterward, the pup appears weak and can’t move. Your canine may have ingested poison, so go to a veterinarian immediately.
If you are able to save any of the material that the dog ate, bring it to the vet. Alternatively, if you know what your pup ate but aren’t sure if it is toxic, call the National Animal Poison Control Center.
Many substances may cause your pet to become ill if ingested, including antifreeze, rodent poisons and medications. Even some items that are harmless to humans — such as chocolates and xylitol — can be dangerous for dogs to eat.
Other symptoms of poisoning include disorientation, seizures and excessive salivation.