A melting pot of interior design styles and eras, eclectic decorating is not for the faint of heart! Characterized by bold colors, patterns, textures, unique objects, collectibles and funky wall decor, this style of decorating absolutely oozes confidence and personality.
Today we’re taking a look at eclectic living room decor in particular, where common themes and objects include:
- Bright color choices
- Mix-and-match furniture, think new and old
- Animal print, animal sculptures and statues
- Jungle-like plant life and leafy patterns and prints
- Risque artwork, wall decor and bold wallpaper designs
- Deer heads, faux taxidermy, faux fur, peacock-like color combinations
- Carved wood furniture and other natural textures like jute and rattan
- Layering of different textures
- Unexpected decor accents – like pineapples! (pssst… there’s one hiding in one of the designer pics in this post – see if you can spot it!).
For a “well-resolved, eclectic look” Homes to Love suggest that the smart placement and selection of objects is absolutely essential, paying careful consideration to the creation of visual links with colors, shapes and patterns. For more eclectic decorating tips, Elle Decor have a great write-up on the do’s and don’ts of eclectic decor – be sure to give it a read if you’re interested!
Re-create the look at home:
The following section contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and proceed to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). For more info, please visit our disclaimer page, here.
Where to buy these eclectic living room decor items:
- Bouck Wingback Chair, Dark Teal – Wayfair
- Pavo Brass Side Table – Nordstrom
- Metallic Basket Weave Accent Pillow, Chocolate – Nordstrom
- Raye Pillow, Blue – Nordstrom
- Faux Fur Accent Pillow, Pink Dawn – Nordstrom
- Travellers Faux Palm Tree in Pot – Wayfair
- Tilly Accent Table – Nordstrom
- Popsicle Wall Clock – Nordstrom
- Large Deer Head Faux Taxidermy, Gold – Wayfair
- Sylvie Accent Pillow – Nordstrom
- Bocca Mini – Nordstrom
- Meow Money Cheetah Bank – Nordstrom
- Hello Neon Sign – Urban Outfitters
- Frida Con Amigos by Nettsch Giclée Print Canvas Art – Nordstrom
Products not pictured to scale.
Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to share the love!